Monday 25 October 2010

Low Flyer over Hayle Estuary, no new news though

Started off at Ryan's Field timed to perfection as I got there the sun duly went in, b----r!!!. Decided to stick it out for thirty minutes or so. Watched astonished as someone in a Cessna did a low fly by over the Estuary and spooked everything on it. How low? well in the picture they had just come up from somewhere below the treeline. I t may of been officail business but if not they are idiots. Geese which were spooked duly ended up in front of the hide where I got some close up shots. I moved on from Ryans field to Marazion where the Sun was out occasionally but it was a real icy wind blowing through. The Bittern had flown just 5 minutes before I got there and I didn't see it again over the next three hours. But some good news, a Short Eared Owl landed in the field just next to me about 10ft away. Unfortunately I had the camera set to take and focus at distance, by the time I fiddled withthe focus distance switch under its plastic cover it was gone, B------s!!!
Idiot why didn't I just use the manual focus??? Anyway a soft shot of it going off into the distance is on this post, but a fantastic view in memory.  Day was rounded of with a close but somewhat obscured view of the Water Rail but I did manage a shot. Also took the plunge today and have a Nikon D3s on the way so hopefully get that tomorrow and have a play. Well enough from me onto the images:

Low Fly Past buzzing Hayle Estuary, the faint lines accross the images are the wires accross Ryan's Field.

Ruff

Pink footed goose

Grey Wagtail

Cormorant

Stone Chat

Short Eared Owl, that I missed

Water Rail

4 comments:

Dominic Gendron said...

Great serie, the cormorant shot is outstanding!!

holdingmoments said...

I love that head on shot of the Cormorant.

JRandSue said...

Brilliant shots as usual,love the Cormorant shot.
Fantastic images Bob.

Anonymous said...

I'd give the civil aviation authority a call...
Ian