Friday 19 August 2011

Drinking on the Wing

Well thought I would spend an hour or two trying to photograph the Swallows/Sand Martins at Drift.  Whizzing around all over the place it was quite difficult keeping track of the little blighters, still got a couple of shots. There wasn't to many there today and the sun wasn't playing ball but as usual I persevered. I won't label the images today as they all show similar subject matter, I did try and get a few different angles etc. I may try again on Sunday am early with the light in my favour if they haven't all migrated by then!









6 comments:

Sam Stewart said...

Hi,

This is a subject that is so hard to photograph, I have spent hours photographing kingfishers and have always tried these when I have been waiting. Hard to keep in focus.

One I aspect about your images that I will comment on is your watermark. I understand the use of it but I feel that it does not compliment your images very well? I think possibly a slightly more subtle font might be more successful. It is just a suggestion and possible might make your images more successful when viewed online?

Bobbster said...

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the feedback, I will consider changing the copyright font/intensity of the watermark and see what I come up with.

Monts said...

Hi Bob great set of images, and yes they are dufficult little blighters to photograph,I have not got a good one yet.
I also agree with the other comment with regards to the watermark.

JRandSue said...

Stunning captures Bob.
John.

Joop Zand said...

Great shots Bob, your photo's are always very nice.

greetings and thanks for your comment.

Joop

Sam and Lisa said...

A very difficult aspect of bird photography. I have tried several times without a lot of success and if I nail the shot over cropping became an issue.