Monday 3 January 2011

Bittern and Debut Species on the Blog

A visit to Marazion as usual and the a trip to Penzance Tolcarne beach for Pale Bellied Brent Goose and Grey Phalarope. I didn't get either of them as I took a detour in Penzance just in case the Waxwings were still there and they were. Light was of course pants, but the sun did shine for some nice pictures for about two minutes. Straight onto the pictures then and I may post some more later this week.


Waxwing at Penzance

Waxwing, note the tongue reaching out for the fruit!

Waxwing

Grey Heron, wringing his own neck

The Daily Bittern

Flying off, now the daily picture is taken.

Waxwing

Teal at Marazion

6 comments:

JRandSue said...

Glad you caught up with the Waxwings Bob,terrific images.
Love the Bittern in take off mode.
John.
Happy Birding.

Sam and Lisa said...

Great shots Bob, I bet you were choughed ( chuffed if you are not a birder) nailing the Treneere Waxwings.
Sam

Chris said...

wow beautiful Bob. So you got waxwings too. They are still around over here. i saw 75 of them Sunday and 17 today. I'll go back tomorrow when the wind will be down ;-)
Happy new year mate...

Dominic Gendron said...

Awseome serie, as usual! My favorite is the Grey Heron ;)

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Wonderful series of images and the Waxwings delight my heart~

Mike Attwood said...

I can see I will have to move to Cornwall. Wonderful stuff.