Sunday 20 June 2010

Croft Pool and Stithians


Hi, Went to Croft Pool on The Lizard hoping to get some shots of the Hobby that occasionally visits.  Manged to get one only so I will visit again soon. Despite the sun it was somewhat cold at Stithians and water levels appear to be dropping this year. The single cygnet continues to survive and looks like it is doing well. Fairly quiet day so straight on to the images.


Hobby: Just did one fly by, typical I wanted some dragon fly hunting shots!


Swallow


Redshank at Stithians


Great Crested Grebe


Cormorant


Finch:  I just liked the composition on this one.


Green finch


Goldfinch a frame filling shot but by the time I rotated the camera it was gone.


Swan and Cygnet


Drying off after a swim.

2 comments:

Sam and Lisa said...

Stunning set of photo's Bob. I especially like the Hobby and the Goldfinch

Unknown said...

Great images like the Greenfinch and Goldfinch as well as Hobby.I went to Croft pool last week and waited an hour only to see a magpie.