Saturday 17 December 2011

A Choppy Carnsew Basin followed by Marazion

Taking a break from the Christmas party season I managed to get out today.  First stop was Carnsew Basin to see if I could locate the Great Northern Diver. Well a walk down without the camera for a quick look and bugger there it was right in front of me. And yes by the time I got back with all the kit set up it was gone. I did manage one distant picture before it disappeared from view, and I couldn't find it again. The wind was Baltic and very strong buffeting me and the camera, not a nice place to be so after a short while I headed to Marazion where a lone Kestrel was out looking for lunch.

Great Northern Diver in Carnsew Basin

A Cormorant that obliged with a close pass

Kestrel on the hunt at Marazion

3 comments:

Joop Zand said...

Very good photo's Bob, also the fox from june 2011 is fantastic.

greetings, Joop

holdingmoments said...

Good catch with the Kestrel Bob.

We've had a GND for just over a month now. Cracking bird.

Unknown said...

Love the Kestrel image and Diver very good as well. In fact Bob they are all class.