Sunday 9 February 2014

Longships Lighthouse Storm Saturday

Well I have been trying to get a decent set of images from the waves hitting Longships Lighthouse. On Saturday huge storm waves were predicted (well they were not as large as the previous Wednesday!) And I thought there might be a glimmer of some decent light so first call Saturday am was Lands End.

Light was useless and waves usable but not the size I needed, after a hour I put all the gear back in the van to head to Porthleven, by coincidence a faint yellow thing started emitting light from the sky, lol.  Got all the gear out and set up again. I got some nice use-able images which I like thanks to that last minute lighting change, not perfect but getting nearer to what I want.  Here are four from the day, I used different lenses to get a different perspective.








2 comments:

Bill S. said...

Those are some great pictures. That sea was violent.

holdingmoments said...

Excellent set of pictures Bob. An angry sea.
I'd be very happy with those.