Saturday 18 December 2010

Sunny Marazion


 Having replaced my satellite dish and spent a frustrating morning trying to align the bugger I gave up and went to Marazion instead.  Great light for pictures but few opportunities despite numerous sightings of Bittern Kingfisher, Buzzard etc. I am sure Bittern numbers are now up to three at Marazion. Song Thrush, Grey Herons and a large number of snipe feeding in the open were also present. Ok enough waffle and onto todays pictures which sadly aren't that good today.


Snipe feeding in the open

Crow looks like he has helped himself to someone's lunch

Song Thrush

Great Heron shot at ISO 6400

Buzzard observing the rabbit population.

Grey Wagtail.  This bird was doing a fancy dance routine on the water when I realised he was actually feeding on some insects/flies larvae? Anyhow it looked quite entertaining so here are a couple of images.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff Bob

Sam and Lisa said...

I like the Grey Wag Bob.
Sam

holdingmoments said...

Lovely set Bob. All great shots, but my favourites are the Snipe, and of course the Grey Wagtail.

Dominic Gendron said...

Great serie Bob. The Buzzard is awseome ;)