Friday 3 December 2010

Rail and Bittern show well for 200th post

The Waterrail and Bittern were showing well at Marazion today. Would of liked to got a bit closer on the Bittern shots but can't complain really. Bit of a disastor to start with when the tripod dropped out the van and broke the gimbal but thought sod it I shall just carry on regardless. The waterrail must of been hungary/cold he stood in the open for about 15 minutes about 10 ft from me enjoying the mid morning sunlight after a cold night. I did mess up the Shovellor images burn't out the highlights but I shall get them again no doubt.

Bittern taking tentative steps on the ice

Gaining confidence out in the open

On an Island just before flying off

Sanderling on the beach

Waterrail now out of cover for food

Taking in a bit of sun also

On the move again

Shoveller at Helston pool Can't beleive I got the exposure wrong!

4 comments:

Dominic Gendron said...

Great serie, congrat for the 200post. Long life to your blog. My prefered one in this serie is the Sanderling ;)

holdingmoments said...

Great shots of the Bittern Bob. I'm hoping one turns up on my local lake soon.
Good shots of the Water Rail too.

JRandSue said...

Magic images Bob,every shot looks brilliant.
John.

Sam and Lisa said...

You have got some well deserved shots there Bob, brilliant.
Sam